Crafting Relationships began in 2011. During that time we have worked on our own and with others on a wide variety of projects.
Our main focus is now on two core programmes: YourStory and Local History Cafe.
For interest, below is some information on all our previous work:
- 2012 – 2018 Delivery partner on Leicester Ageing Together, a £5 million Big Lottery funded programme working with over 50s at risk of social isolation and loneliness in five key Leicester City wards.
- 2016 Art on Prescription – North West Leicestershire – evaluation report
Together with fellow social enterprise Little Bird, we ran an Arts on Prescription evaluation project in North West Leicestershire. We are delighted to share our report conclusions with others in our sector, to further support the case for arts as a social prescribing tool for patients with low level mental health difficulties.
Art on Prescription North West Leicestershire, took place at Measham Medical Unit between April and June 2016, funded by the North West Leicestershire ‘Staying Healthy Partnership’ grant and provided structured Arts and Health interventions for twelve patients experiencing low level mental ill health across two six week blocks of workshops.
Using the Public Health for England, Arts for Health and Wellbeing evaluation guidelines (2016) for measuring outcomes, we used the WEMWBS, PHQ-9, GAD-7 scores and qualitative feedback, pre and post intervention and were able to demonstrate project outcomes as having a positive impact on the wellbeing of patients participating.
Read the full evaluation report here:
- 2014 – 2016 Katherine was Project Director of heritage education charity, Cotesbach Educational Trust, in receipt of £600k of National Heritage Lottery Funding funding. During that time we won the Bringing Heritage Alive Category for our ACE funded ‘Rewriting the Archives’ project at the 2016 Leicestershire and Rutland Heritage Awards.
- 2013 Co-delivery of a training programme for artists looking to work in healthcare settings. I partnership with Willis Newson and Creative Leicestershire.
- 2011 – 2015 Katherine was Project Manager for Showcase Smoothie, a £156 000 Arts Council England funded piece of work with Leicestershire Partnership NHS Trust. Showcase Smoothie is a music and literature based project with young black men at the severe and enduring end of mental ill health