Crafting Relationships (formerly Beauty and Utility Arts) was founded by Katherine Brown in Summer 2011.
Katherine is a Mental Health First Aider and a Dementia Champion and over the last 20 years has taken on significant roles and projects across arts, culture, heritage, health, wellbeing and more, including:
* Community Fundraiser for the Midlands for a national learning disability charity
* Project Manager for Showcase Smoothie, a £156 000 Arts Council England funded piece of work with Leicestershire Partnership NHS Trust. Showcase Smoothie is a music and literature based project with young black men at the severe and enduring end of mental ill health
* Project Director of heritage education charity, Cotesbach Educational Trust, in receipt of £600k of HLF funding
* Trainer for artists looking to work in healthcare settings
* Delivery partner on Leicester Ageing Together, a £5 million Big Lottery funded programme working with over 50s at risk of social isolation and loneliness in five key Leicester City wards
Mandeep Dhadialla has worked with Crafting Relationships for a number of years, and became our part time Creative Director in 2019.
Mandeep has worked in printmaking for nearly 20 years, since training in Fine Art at De Montfort University, Leicester. She has previously worked in Museums, across varied roles including using natural history collections as a creative source of inspiration for outreach workshops. Alongside her printmaking practice, Mandeep continues to work with Arts and Heritage Organisations delivering printmaking and bookmaking workshops across the East Midlands and is a member of The Society of All Artists, Leicester Print Workshop and Harborough Artists Cluster.