I founded Crafting Relationships (formerly Beauty and Utility Arts) in Summer 2011 as a way to combine my love and experience working with adults and children living with learning disabilities, mental ill health and dementia, and the arts.
The organisation has now moved towards a combination of delivery, coaching and consultation, each informing the other.
Over the last 20 years in the world of work, I have taken on significant roles and projects across arts, culture, heritage, health, wellbeing and more, including:
* Community Fundraiser for the Midlands for a national learning disability charity
* Project Manager for Showcase Smoothie, a £156 000 Arts Council England funded piece of work with Leicestershire Partnership NHS Trust. Showcase Smoothie is a music and literature based project with young black men at the severe and enduring end of mental ill health
* Project Director of heritage education charity, Cotesbach Educational Trust, in receipt of £600k of HLF funding
* Trainer for artists looking to work in healthcare settings
* Delivery partner on Leicester Ageing Together, a £5 million Big Lottery funded programme working with over 50s at risk of social isolation and loneliness in five key Leicester City wards
I am also a Mental Health First Aider and a Dementia Champion