Crafting Relationships (formerly Beauty and Utility Arts) was founded by Katherine Brown in 2011.
Katherine is a Mental Health First Aider and a Dementia Champion and over the last 20 years has taken on significant roles and projects across arts, culture, heritage, health, wellbeing and more, including:
* Community Fundraiser for the Midlands for a national learning disability charity
* Project Manager for Showcase Smoothie, a £156 000 Arts Council England funded piece of work with Leicestershire Partnership NHS Trust. Showcase Smoothie is a music and literature based project with young black men at the severe and enduring end of mental ill health
* Project Director of heritage education charity, Cotesbach Educational Trust, in receipt of £600k of HLF funding
* Trainer for artists looking to work in healthcare settings
* Delivery partner on Leicester Ageing Together, a £5 million Big Lottery funded programme working with over 50s at risk of social isolation and loneliness in five key Leicester City wards
Meet Mandeep Dhadialla, joining us as part-time Creative Director, after working with us as a freelancer for a number of years.