I founded Crafting Relationships (formerly Beauty and Utility Arts) in Summer 2011 as a way to combine my love for and experience in working with adults and children living with learning disabilities, mental ill health and dementia, and the arts.
Crafting Relationships has now become a combination of delivery, coaching and consultation.
Over the years, I have taken on significant roles and projects across arts, culture, heritage, health, wellbeing and more, including:
* Community Fundraiser for the Midlands for a national learning disability charity
* Project Manager for Showcase Smoothie, a £156 000 Arts Council England funded piece of work with Leicestershire Partnership NHS Trust. Showcase Smoothie is a music and literature based project with young black men at the severe and enduring end of mental ill health
* Project Director of heritage education charity, Cotesbach Educational Trust, in receipt of £600 000 of HLF funding
* Trainer for artists looking to work in healthcare settings
* Delivery partner on Leicester Ageing Together, a £5 million Big Lottery funded programme working with over 50s at risk of social isolation and loneliness in five key Leicester City wards
I am also a Mental Health First Aider and a Dementia Champion